These are my favourite crackers for snacking inbetween on. I use ripe bananas as a base but really you could use other fruits. They’re great for snacking on in between and are so nutritious. Try them out and see.
1 mixing bowl
1 baking tray with a teflon sheet
spatula for flattening and spreading the cracker mixture
Ingredientsamountwhat ingredientauxiliary information
200g sesame seeds
10g chia seeds
2 ripe bananas
3 dried apricots, finely chopped
2 large medjool dates
cinnamon or allspice
- Put the ripe bananas, chopped apricots, dates and spices into the blender and mix until you have something that resembles jam. There shouldn’t be any pieces in blend.
- Put your dry ingredients, the sesame and chia seeds, into a bowl.
- Add the blended fruit mixture to the seeds and thoroughly mix with a metal spoon.
- Put your teflon sheet on your baking tray or otherwise prepare your dehydrator tray and sheet.
- Put 4 spoonfuls of mixture onto the tray, one in each quadrant as this will make the spreading easy.
- Use a spatula to gently spread the mixture over the tray. It will take a little bit of time and practice to get this the way you want it but just keep at it. Ideally you want to have a very thin layer of the seed mixture so that you get a nice crispness or crunch.
One more thing ...
Pop your tray into the fan assisted oven with the door slightly open for around 3-4 hours. After this time, take it out and flip the crackers over so that they get dehydrated from the underside too. Leave them in for the same amount of time again.
Enjoy with sliced bananas, nut spreads, etc and cinnamon sprinkled on if you like.
And it’s best to eat them as fast as you can just in case they start to go off.
Otherwise store in an airtight container for several days.
VIDEO OPTION: If you’d like to see me doing a demo of these, have a look at this post -
Classified as: Raw, Snack